Saturday, March 5, 2011

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller problems

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller problems
Put my computer together, and everything seems to work great besides the fact I can't activate windows (won't accept any keys, even legit keys and the one I entered while installing?) and my onboard network card won't work. I've got a Chaintech Nforce 4 Ultra w/ the NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller. I have cable internet, and another computer, so right now I have the cable modem connected to the computer via usb adapter and I have the network card connected to the hub. Also, it seems I can't connect the cable modem via usb cable and use a usb adapter for ethernet at thes same time.

Basically, the computer says everything is ok. Device manager says it is working, i've got the newest nforce 4 drivers from nvidia, and it says the device is connected. But if I unplug it from the hub it isn't connected.
I tried connecting the usb adapter to the hub instead of the cable modem, and the network works 100%, but then if I connect the nvidia controller to the cable modem, it still doesn't work. So something is wrong with the onboard lan. Anybody ever hear of this problem? I think there are a couple people on the internet I have found with the same problem, but I can't seem to find any solutions.

from - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/117698-28-nvidia-nforce-networking-controller-problems

No comments:

Post a Comment